06 February 2011

Off to School with A Little Treat

It was off to school for the first time for several children I know.  I wanted to send them a special card to celebrate - and what is better than an edible card?  I found a bag of chocolate coins that was the perfect size to go with the "A Little Treat" stamp set.  This set is specially designed to accommodate treats either with the use of our sweet treat cups, or just as I have done and used the coin as the hot air balloon.  


I did run into a spot of bother with the very hot spell of weather prior to the school term starting.  I had to keep the cards in the fridge, and then I couldn't post them as they would arrive as a molten mess - not a good way to start.  I hand delivered the ones that I could, and then found a stash of lollipops that were also the right size, so with a small amount of ingenuity, I replaced the coin with the lollipop and posted the rest off.  I used a double layer of dimensionals behind the sentiment to make it high enough to tuck the lollipop stick behind.  I also had a plain cardstock circle underneath the treat, so once it was removed, the hot air balloon was still intact.  I used my new "Itty Bitty Bits" stamp set and "Itty Bitty Shapes" punch pack for the little star accent.  I can see this set being very handy for any time I need a little accent.  I used the sentiment from the "Apple Blossoms" hostess set and used my markers to colour just the portion that read "Happy days".


Cardstock: Pear Pizazz, Whisper White, Real Red
Ink:  Basic Black, Real Red, Not Quite Navy marker pen
Stamps: A Little Treat, Itty Bitty Bits, Apple Blossoms (hostess, for sentiment)
Acc:  1 3/4" circle punch, Itty Bitty punch pack, Word window punch, Oval Punch, Modern Label punch, Celebrations DSP, dimensionals

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...