03 February 2011

Thank You with the Colour Coach

I recently de-stashed some of my craft supplies and made some thank you note cards for all the new owners.  I used the Stampin' Up Whisper White Note Cards (107311, $9.50) which are a great size at around 9cm x 13cm, already pre-scored with envelopes included.  I also used the Colour Coach (121620, $28.95) for the colour scheme.  If you haven't seen the colour coach before, click here to see a video by Mary Fish.



 I knew I wanted to use Baja Breeze, so I flipped to the Baja Breeze card, turned it over and found that the "Dynamic Duo" partner is Not Quite Navy.  Well, that explains why they look so good together and already are a favourite of mine.  I wanted to extend the palette, so the "Creative Combination" added Cajun Craze and Basic Gray to the mix.  I thought for quite a while as I got my head around how much of each colour I would like, and this is what I came up with:


Cardstock: Whisper White, Cajun Craze
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze
Stamps: Artistic Etchings, Very Vintage Wheel, Short and Sweet
Acc: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Baja Breeze Marker, Not Quite Navy marker, Colour Spritzer Tool, Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds, 2 Way glue

I wheeled the note card with the Very Vintage wheel using Not Quite Navy ink, then cut a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock to mat the focal image.  I punched a single border using the scallop trim border punch and then distressed the other edges with a distressing tool.  You can use your fingernail or the edge of your scissors, you just want to rough up the edge and give it texture. I stamped the Eiffel tower image in Basic Gray, with the crown on the top in Baja Breeze and the sentiment on the side in Not Quite Navy.  This piece was still too white for my liking, so I used the Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy markers along with my colour spritzing tool to spritz the background and then sponged the edges with Cajun Craze to anchor it all together. I find when spritzing you will always get a different mist pattern depending on the individual marker and where it sits in relation to the spray nozzle, so always have a test run before spritzing your stamped image.  The focal image panel is raised up on dimensionals, and I added some glitter to the base of the tower for that all important sparkle.  I even remembered to stamp the envelope to match!  This vintage style card "pops" with the Cajun Craze and doesn't need alot of extra embellishment.  This is not a colour combo I would have come up with by myself, but I love how it stretched my comfort zone.  


Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...