09 February 2011

Just Bliss

Have you seen the Sale-a-bration stamp sets?  (You can view them online here).  I love the "Bliss" stamp set and have made two cards using just the butterfly from the stamp set.  I thought I had overused Cherry Cobbler with my Christmas projects, but I was reminded recently of how vibrant and eye-catching it is.  I love to wear red, and the happiness of just a pair of red shoes to brighten an outfit whilst dropping the kids off at school was my inspiration for these cards.  I paired the cherry cobbler accent with the freshness of certainly celery and I love the effect.  


Some days I just want a card that expresses the lovely act of starting with white cardstock and ends with a simple, clean, expressive card.  It takes but a few moments to create, limited supplies (and clean up) and I love the result.

Cardstock:  Whisper White
Ink:  Certainly Celery, Cherry Cobbler
Stamps: Bliss (SAB only), Basic Phrases
Acc: None

Other days I want to spend much longer creating a card with subtle details and elements, so the next card uses the same stamps and inks, but is a good one for avoiding some housework!



The background butterflies have been clear embossed, the cherry cobbler butterfly cut out and mounted, the sentiment has been matted and framed using punches and the bottom of the card has gone can-can, with scallops and glitter, all finished off with some organza ribbon.

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Certainly Celery, Cherry Cobbler
Stamps:  Bliss, Basic Phrases
Acc:  Clear Embossing Powder, Scallop Oval punch, Large Oval punch, Scallop border punch, 2 way glue, dazzling diamonds, Organza ribbon

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...