15 November 2010

Contempo Hearts


We have just had our Melbourne Regional Stampin' Up! training day and it was full of stamping goodness.  I received many fabulous swaps, this is the mini card that I made as my swap.  I must have been feeling romantic as it is full of all things love-erly, including hearts, which I rarely use in my cards.  I used a smaller version of these hearts in a card I made for my husband, I just love the sparkle.

Cardstock:  Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Vellum cardstock
Ink:  Marina Mist (reinker), Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy
Stamps: Vintage Vogue Jumbo Wheel, Contempo Wheel (unmounted), Tiny Tags
Acc:  Frost White shimmer paint, Scallop Trim Border punch, Full heart punch, Jewelry tag punch, Crystal Effects, dazzling diamonds, sponge dauber

I wheeled the Vintage Vogue design over the Baja Breeze cardstock using Not Quite Navy ink and punched the side edge using the Scallop Trim Border punch.  For the Contempo border, I actually unmounted my wheel by gently removing the rubber from the plastic wheel, and once it was flat, I was able to ink it up with a mixture of frost white shimmer paint and Marina Mist reinker, applied with a sponge dauber.
The hearts were punched out with the Full Heart punch, one in Not Quite Navy and the other in cardstock vellum.  I used a bit of dotto removable adhesive on my grid paper (scratch paper) to keep the vellum heart from moving, and then with a clean sponge dauber I inked it with Baja Breeze until I was happy with the depth of colour.  Using crystal effects, I carefully covered the entire top surface of the heart with a thin layer, then tipped dazzling diamonds over to give it a diamond encrusted look.  I set this aside to dry whilst stamping and punching the tiny tags sentiment.  Since I used the clear mount tiny tags set, lining up the words inside the frame was easy as I could see where I was stamping.

I think this would make a lovely giftcard or placecard for a wedding, or for those romantics out there, I nice little card left for your loved one to find.

Happy Stamping,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...