02 September 2012

Homemade Tinted Pearl Embellishments

A few days ago I promised to share how I custom tinted my adhesive pearls to match my Pool Party colour scheme.  I had read about another method using our shimmer paints, but I found the colour rubbed off when I did mine.  So as I was thinking of a more permanent solution, I saw my much loved bottle of Crystal Effects and tried this out.


All you need is your pearls, some crystal effects and the reinker in your desired colour as well as a small paintbrush.


Squirt a small amount of crystal effects onto a plastic plate, acetate or other non-porous surface (I used my handy clear block) and then drop in a few drops of reinker to tint.  Mix this together and paint directly over the pearls to tint and then let dry.  Voila, custom tinted adhesive pearls.  Make as many or as little as you like. I did the whole pack as I love Pool Party and will have no problem using these up.


Imagine making up tinted packs in each of the colour families........... a rainbow of tinted pearls!  

Happy Stamping,

7 comments:

  1. That is a very cool idea. I did wonder where you'd got the Pool Party Pearls from!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea - I've been trying to find a solution for this problem - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea, thanks for sharing :-)
    Regards from Germany
    Biggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Olivia, this is an AWESOME idea!!! I did this the other night, and I was semi-unsuccessful. I was only successful at applying the color to the pearls. As far as the drying process, that didn't go so well for me. It's been 3 days now and my pearls are STILL very "tacky" to the touch and the color comes off on my fingers when I just barely tap them.

    Do you happen to know what I did wrong? I tried it a few times, using different amounts of CE to Reinker ratio etc, and no way that I tried it was successful.

    Any ideas one what I could do to fix this so I can try it again?

    Thanks for a great idea though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can also use your Copic markers to color the pearls. It's quick, no mess, and they dry really quickly.

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest only doing one pearl and see how it turns out before doing more pearls (waste)

      Delete
  6. try coating the sticky pearls with clear nail polish to seal them

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...