08 June 2012

Convention 2012 Delicate Doilies Swap


Stampin' Up Convention 2012 was inspiring, motivating, fun and rewarding.  I had 3 of the best roadtrip companions (my upline Lisa and two of the best customers you could hope for), highly important when you are on the road for 8 hours and room sharing!  We had so much fun that when Convention 2013 was announced for Brisbane, all four of us booked in for our next holiday together.

Part of Convention is sharing ideas with other demonstrators through "swaps".  We each make something that we can swap with others so we come back with lots of ideas and samples and new friends.  I love the perspective this gives to my creativity.

My swap was fast, easy and effective - the kind of swap where you can make 50 of them in two hours the night before you leave LOL. This swap shows how highlighting a portion of a stamp can completely change the effect.  The same stamp has been used in the corner as on the "flowers".  I stamped the flowers using night of navy ink onto pool party cardstock, punched them out with a circle punch, then cut each circle into 4 pieces.  The hardest part was selecting the right stamp for the stems - you could just hand draw stems, but since I had the Flower Fancy stamp set available I decided to use that. I have to say thank you to my wonderfully supportive husband who put dimensionals on the back of pieces and added adhesive, it was a team effort and a different way to spend time together. 

Cardstock:  Night of Navy, Pool Party, Whisper White
Ink:  Night of Navy, Pool Party
Stamps:  Delicate Doilies 124960, Short and Sweet 116410, Flower Fancy 115800
Acc:  Two Tags die 115954, 1 3/4" circle punch 119850, Basic rhinestones 119246, Dinensionals, Multipurpose liquid glue, corner rounder (non SU)

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...