29 April 2012

Embossed Vellum using the Big Shot



Here is a wedding card I made recently - I put my Big Shot to good use on this one!  I wanted all the detailing to be subtle, so you have to look to see the layers and finishing touches - a bit like a wedding dress.
I chose vellum for the flower, I love the translucency, and embossed it with a Textured Impressions folder for extra detail. 

I used my Top Note die for the main panel, and finally worked out that there is a MUCH EASIER way to create a border than hand cutting a larger contrasting piece!  I just cut some edges from scraps in the colours I wanted and layered them under the edge of the original top note piece - they do not go the entire way under the panel, they just sit under the edge - much easier and more economical than my previous method!  I used Baja Breeze and also the Silver Glimmer paper (124005 $8.95) from the expired Summer mini catalogue.  This product is one of a few that have carried over and are still available for purchase.  You can view the carry-over flyer here.

You may also notice the punched border peeking out at the bottom - it's one of my favourite techniques:  punch a strip in the same colour cardstock as the card base and adhere for an elegant faux embossed look.  I even popped a few pearls on for good measure, it was a wedding after all.

Cardstock: Very Vanilla Naturals Ivory, Baja Breeze, Vellum cardstock, Silver Glimmer paper
Ink: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze
Stamps:  En Francais, Creative Elements, Tiny Tags
Acc:  Fun Flowers die, Top Note die, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Triple-layer Blossom Bouquet punch, Jewelry Tag punch, Lace Ribbon border punch, Antique brads, Baker's twine, adhesive pearls.

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...