27 June 2011

.....These are a Few of My Favourite Things

Well, here's what was inside the package - a Sweet Stitches Shadow Box!  I had so much fun making this, and all I used was the "Sweet Stitches" designer paper from the current mini catalogue.  This paper is fun to use with plenty of little details to cut out and use.  I started out wanting to use the top note die to make a faux quilt by embossing the patchwork with my square lattice embossing folder.  As I was selecting paper for the "quilt" I just had to cut out the little girl that was printed on one of the sheets to use as a feature.  She is actually adhered to the inside of the glass, along with the little butterfly from the beautiful wings embosslit. I also used the new sweet buttons embosslit to enhance the quilt.  As you can see, this all came together beautifully - thank you Stampin' Up for designing such lovely paper.  All I had to do was decide where it should go!  I snuck in two little stamps from the "Tiny Tags" stamp set, ruffled the ribbon (read technique here) and used crystal effects and white gel pen to add dimension.  I love how this turned out and since I have now given it to a fabulous sewing friend, I will have to make another one for my own sewing room.  

* After July 31st this paper ($16.95) will no longer be available, so don't miss out on this vintage sewing delight.  


 



Cardstock:  Melon Mambo
Ink: Early Espresso
Stamps:  Tiny Tags
Acc:  Sweet Stitches DSP, Daffodil Delight satin ribbon, top note die, square lattice embossing folder, beautiful wings embosslit, sweet buttons embosslit, heart to heart punch, jewelry tag punch, hemp twine, white gel pen, crystal effects.

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...