21 June 2011

Share What You Love

I shared a lovely night recently with some very special customers.  We shared stories, gathered ideas from each other and the Convention swaps I had received, ate a little, drank a little and even managed a little stamping.  
The invitation pocket was made using paper from the neutrals designer paper stack, which I embossed with my Big Shot and the "Manhattan Flower" embossing folder.  I used the debossed side and brayered with my sponge brayer in Riding Hood Red to colour the pocket front and make the design pop.  I simply cut around the embossed portion to allow the invitation to show through.  The "Share What You Love"  stamp was a limited edition Convention only stamp - it captures beautifully the essence of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator - and I inked it with my markers for a multi-coloured effect.  

The card we made was a CASE of LeeAnn Gref's handbag punch card.  I love seeing different ways to use supplies, and on this card I didn't use any stamps - just my punches and Big Shot!
Clean and simple, Polka dot white on white, a concord crush frame to highlight the 3 handbags and a ruffled ribbon trim.  If you have never tried this technique before, cut approx 2.5 times the finished length of ribbon you desire, seal one end with a lighter (optional) and gently fray the other end until you can grasp a strand from the centre and then gently pull this strand and gather the ribbon along this.  Fast and easy, it works best on soft ribbons and if you have not heat sealed the opposite end, don't accidentally pull the strand all the way out and lose all of your gathers!

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...