31 May 2011

A Convention Inspired Birthday Surprise




My sister recently celebrated her birthday, so it was the perfect excuse to try this fancy fold shown at Stampin' Up Convention this year. I lashed out and used a mixture of stamps including "Clearly For You" and "You're a Gem" from the current mini catalogue, as well as "Friends Never Fade", "Elements of Style" and the hostess set "Birthday Bakery" to complete this card.  My punches also got a workout, with the XL 1 3/4" circle and XL Scallop circle creating the window portion, and the indispensable new decorative label punch on the belly band and also inside.  How did I get that layered frame?  Easy, just punch 2 more labels in your desired colour and then cut them in half - one lengthways and one widthways, then spread them apart and adhere behind the centre label.  If it's going to be seen from behind, I punch an extra label and stick that on the back to cover over all the joins.  In this case, the back is hidden by the belly band.  

I had fun making this card and I am sure I will be making more.  Changing the stamps and papers will give so many different looks, but the recipient's raving response will always be the same!

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...