11 March 2011

Birthday Bliss

Here's another card using the Bliss stamp set.  I wanted to make a nice birthday card and I was looking at the butterfly which has a little no.5 on the bottom wing, and it gave me an idea.  I have the "calendar" alphabet and numbers set, which is teeny tiny.  I changed the number to a "30" and it worked out to be the right size.


Cardstock:  River Rock, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Vellum
Ink:  Night of Navy, River Rock, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler
Stamps:  Bliss (SAB), Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Acc:  Petals-a-plenty EF, Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, vintage trinkets, word window punch, colour spritzer tool, adhesive pearls, dimensionals

Continuing in the vintage theme, I used a regal colour palette for the background design  and then spritzed with the colour sprizer tool and my stampin write markers for more interest.  I added a strip of plain river rock to the bottom and embossed the whole piece with the petals-a-plenty embossing folder.  I used a piece of vellum for the focal panel stamped with other "Bliss" elements and secured it with some vintage trinkets from the current summer mini catalogue.  I loosely ruffled a piece of taffeta ribbon using this technique and secured the sentiment with a mini safety pin from the vintage trinkets set.  I hand cut the feature butterfly with the "30" on it and added some pearls to the body to finish it off.  

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...