08 December 2010

Vintage Crumb Cake

Can you tell I love Crumb Cake?  No, I have not been having a midnight snack, I am referring to the colour formerly known as Kraft.  This gorgeous cardstock has flecks throughout it, similar to recycled card, but with more warmth and depth.  I have found the matching ink to be equally enticing, this is one of my staple colours from the Neutrals collection.  If you haven't already tried it, I highly recommend this Crumb Cake!

Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Stamps:  En Francais, Artistic Etchings
Acc:  Champagne Mist shimmer paint

I wanted a shabby look for a change, so I stamped a collage from the Artistic Etchings set in three colours from the Neutrals collection - Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso onto a strip of Very Vanilla cardstock.  I distressed the edges with the side of my scissors and tore the paper until I was happy with the look.  I stamped a torn piece of Very Vanilla with the En Francais background stamp and on the card back itself, I created a subtle background by using some scrunched up Glad wrap dipped in some champagne mist shimmer paint, to bring out the warm tones in the Crumb Cake cardstock.  I used dimensionals to add interest to the layers and finished it off with the key that I cut out with my super sharp Stampin Up paper snips.

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...