20 October 2010

Friends Never Fade Trio

I CASED this card from one I received from Evelyn  using the Friends Never Fade set.  Instead of using the  co-ordinating Greenhouse Gala designer paper, I stamped my own.  The photo does not show the dazzling diamonds glitter that I applied to each flower using 2-way glue; in real life this is a sparkly card!  I used colours here that I would not usually team together, but since SU! do all the colour designing, I just had to work out the proportions.  I used the Baja Breeze as my main colour, then Wild Wasabi as the secondary colour, and added an accent of Pumpkin Pie.  

Cardstock:  Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie
Stamps:  Friends Never Fade, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Acc:  Word Window punch, circle punches, dazzling diamonds. 2-way glue, dimensionals

I started off with a piece of Whisper White cardstock, then stamped the same flower image repeatedly in different colours.  I trimmed the piece into 3 and before matting it on Wild Wasabi, I punched a 1 1/4" half circle out of the 2nd and 3rd pieces, to create a frame for the flower.  I held both of the pieces stamped sides together and punched through both layers at the same time so the half circle was in the same spot on either side.  Once they were all matted on the Wild Wasabi, I used a 1" circle punch to create a half circle in the Wild Wasabi to match with the stamped layer.  This is optional as the flower I used was large enough to cover the layers beneath, but this does look very effective to spotlight a smaller image. 
Next, I stamped and cut out the larger flower ( I clear embossed it for fun) and stamped the sentiment and punched it out using the word window punch.  I hand cut a frame for the sentiment and tucked it under the flower, which is mounted on dimensionals.  Lastly I used my 2-way glue pen on the flower heads and covered them with dazzling diamonds.  This is a fun card to make and would suit many different styles of stamps.  I have listed the measurements below that I used.

Card back:  148mm x 105mm (standard A5, folded)
Whisper White:  120mm x 95mm (cut into 3 panels 40mm x 95mm after stamping)
Matting:  135mm x 100mm (cut into 3 panels 45mm x 100mm)

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...