Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist,
Ink: Crumb Cake, Archival Black
Stamps: Guy Greetings, Badges and Banners, Thoughtful Banners
Acc: Wood Textures DSP, Best Badge punch, Duet Banner punch, Burlap ribbon (cut thinner), dimensionals
- Start with a piece of patterned paper that is 6"x 6" (15.2 x 15.2cm) square.
- Trim a 1" (2.5cm) strip from one side.
- Rotate your paper a quarter turn (90 degrees) and trim another 1" (2.5cm) strip from that side.
- Set your strips aside for a separate design. Your patterned paper will now be a 5" x 5" (12.7 x 12.7cm) square.
- Cut this 5" square into 4 pieces on the diagonal.
- Arrange your triangles on a backing piece of cardstock, lining up the longest side of each triangle with the edge of the backing piece. My backing piece is 4" x 5 5/8" (10 x 14.3cm). TIP: Place your side triangles first. They won't extend the full height of the card so centre them top to bottom. (See image below) Then place your top and bottom triangles over these, trimming the overhang.
- Stamp/ cut a focal piece for the centre.
- Decorate and adhere the focal piece, covering up the overlap in the centre.
And the bonus card uses the 1" strips! Place these onto a backing piece, here I've used a piece of Basic Black cardstock 10.5cm x 9cm (4 1/8" x 3 1/2" ) and spaced the strips approx 4mm (1/8") apart. I've used the Happy Birthday thinlit, just one cut in half to make both cards.
I hope you give this design a try.