These cute 3x3" notecards are easy to put together with punches. I love using punches in my papercrafting as it allows fabulous results that you can repeat over and over again! Even better is these notecards went further as I've used both the positive and the negative punched portions. Here are some closeups:
Bitty Butterfly layered on an Elegant Butterfly inside a circle window.
And now the Bitty Butterfly inside the negative Elegant Butterfly atop a piece of patterned paper. Can you see what I did there?
Here's how I got the most out of my pieces:
- Cut pieces of Whisper White cardstock 2 3/4" x 2 3/4". Since we're using both the positive and the negative if you cut 6 pieces, you'll be able to make 12 notecards.
- Insert these pieces as far as you can into your Elegant Butterfly punch, making sure the cardstock is centred on the left and right. Punch out your butterfly and set aside. Repeat with all your pieces of 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" so you have square pieces with a butterfly cut out.
- Using the 2" circle punch line up the 2 3/4" piece so the butterfly is inside the circle and punch. Set aside both the punched circle and the remaining frame (you can emboss this if desired).
- Punch patterned paper using the 2 1/2" circle punch.
- Punch Bitty Butterflies from vellum cardstock. I added a touch of ink in the centre for depth.
- Assemble using adhesive and dimensionals where required and embellish as desired.
- Stamp with a small sentiment stamp and you're done!
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Sentiments