06 July 2012

A Pocketful of Posies


Well, my pack of "Pocketful of Posies" designer series paper has sat unloved for this whole catalogue until now.  This pack has several bold, eclectic prints, but they were perfect for the card and altered tea box project I made recently.  I channelled a Japanese-style theme with the card, adding little yellow blossoms made with my often-used Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  This punch pack is three separate punches and once you have it, you'll find it very useful.  Directions for the centre step card can be found here, I changed the measurements slightly.

Cardstock:  Early Espresso
Ink:  Early Espresso
Stamps:  Apothecary Art
Acc:  Pocketful of Posies DSP, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Adhesive pearls, velvet ribbon (retired).




I found this lovely pre-painted tea caddy in a homewares shop and covered the sides and frame with DSP to match the paint colour.  To add to the rustic charm I distressed the paper with my sanding block and then glazed the whole wooden box with a craft glaze (like modpodge).  I then used my *new*  elegant bird die to create a bird from some Attic Boutique DSP (reinforced with some cardstock) and stuck it directly onto the pre-painted glass top.  The painted flowers were crying out for a little embellishment, so I stuck a pearl in the centre of each blossom.  A retired hodgepodge frame completed the look and complemented the lovely Fabulous Phrases wording.  This whole project came together easily - I love finding premade items and upcycling them!  This could be used as a tea chest as originally intended or for displaying any little treasures.

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...