19 January 2012

A Big Top Birthday Pop Up!

Do you have a list of techniques or designs you would like to try making, but for some reason or another the planets have not aligned for it to come to fruition?  I know I will live a long and happy life if I get through my "Oh-wow-I-need-to-try-making-that" list!  Today I can show you a card that has been kicking around in my head for a while - a simple pop up that uses just one piece of the "Big Top" birthday DSP to fabulous effect.


The inside is cut from one piece of DSP, I didn't need to do anything fancy, the print is so bold and needed little enhancement.  All I did was select the parts of the paper I wanted to use and with a bit of trimming here and there the job was done.  The finished size of this card is larger than a regular card - approx 5"x 7".  I reinforced the paper by sticking it to a piece of whisper white cardstock with some Big Shot multi-purpose adhesive sheets- I know this card will be opened and closed lots (it is now in the possession of a 3yo) and the important part of this simple mechanism is to adhere the bottom portion only, the top needs to be free to move as you open and close the card, otherwise the inner will buckle.  That's where the scalloped dot ribbon comes in: I used it to keep the top in place, whilst still allowing movement. My pennant builder punch, matching stamp set and Just Perfect alpha got another run around to personalise the inside - they were stuck on with dimensionals and embellished with some sweet baker's twine bows.  All that was left was the card front.....

So I used the rest of the piece of DSP and the co-ordinating "Under the Big Top"stamp set as well as the fabulous "Top Note"die to finish it off.  Who wouldn't smile at this?

Cardstock:  Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Real Red
Stamps:  Under the Big Top, Pennant Parade, Just Perfect alpha
Acc:  Big Top birthday DSP, Top Note die, Scallop dots ribbon, brights brads, pennant builder punch, baker's twine, Big Shot multi-purpose adhesive sheets, Basic Pearls, dimensionals

Happy Stamping,

1 comment:

  1. I really love this card! You've really made the DSP work for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...