07 June 2011

Sweet and Sour Birthday

Well, today is my birthday! Yay, me and more importantly, yay Mum and Dad for bringing me into this world.  I have had a lovely day and it really has been 4 seasons here in Melbourne.  We've had sun, rain, wind, hail and all we need tonight is the snow on the Dandenong ranges!  My day began much earlier than I am used to, with a 2 hour roundtrip drive to the airport to farewell my aunt and cousin who have been staying with us.  I had a beautiful lunch with a dear friend who bought me these gorgeous flowers, including the stunning kale flowers below the lilies.  I will not attempt to eat them, but the mauve-y purple cabbage flower is a botanical beauty in my opinion.  I arrived home to a gorgeous card in the mail from my upline, using the Sweet and Sour Speciality Paper and the Tasteful Trims Big Shot die.  I always enjoy how easily handmade creations come together when all the colour design has been expertly done (by Stampin' Up, not by me), so all we have to do is decide how much of each colour and where it should go.  Finished with an elegant satin ribbon, this cheerful card looks right at home with my blooms, don't you think?



Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...