19 April 2011

Angry Birds Card

My husband asked me to make an "Angry Birds" card to go with a present, so here is my fun version. I saw a similar one on another blog, but I cannot find it now to give credit.  


Cardstock:  Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Real Red, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
Ink:  Bashful Blue, Real Red, Early Espresso
Stamps:  Word Play (121590 WM or 120651 CM), Woodgrain (121588)
Acc:  1 3/4" circle punch, Large oval punch, Word Window Punch, Owl Punch, string

I sponged the clouds in bashful blue for the sky, then tore strips of old olive for the grass.  The slingshot was made from 3 soft suede word window punchies that I stamped with the woodgrain stamp in early espresso ink.  The bird used a real red 1 3/4" circle that I punched a portion off the bottom using my large oval punch.  I added some hand cut feathers to the top then sponged the outside edges in real red to add depth.  I adhered a 1 3/4" white circle behind the red portion and added the eyes that I punched from the owl punch, and then some hand cut "angry" eyebrows.  A hand cut sponged beak finished off the bird. I used string for the slingshot and dimensionals behind the bird and the slingshot for added height.  The sentiment was stamped in early espresso and there you have it, one fun card.  I did make an angry pig too, but I gave that away before taking a photo, so I will make another one soon. 

Happy Stamping,


1 comment:

  1. hehe you must've seen mine then. :) good job case-ing it. :)

    http://604clothpaperscissors.blogspot.com/2011/03/angry-birds.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...