29 March 2011

Sweet Summer

What a fun set this Sweet Summer Sale-a-bration set is!  There are only a few more days to get your hands on one, so don't miss out.

Here I have made two different cards using the same set with colours from the Brights family.



Cardstock:  Melon Mambo, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink:  Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
Stamps:  Sweet Summer (SAB), So Happy For You (SAB)
Acc:  Brights buttons, blender pen, dazzling diamonds, glue dots

This clean design showcases the simple stems topped with the bold buttons.  I have used a thin strip of cardstock as "thread" for the buttons and used a mini glue dot to adhere it to the card front.  I coloured in the image using my blender pen and added a sprinkling of glitter to finish it off.  I used two colours I would not generally put together - a Real Red mat atop a Melon Mambo cardback.  It works and I love it!




Cardstock:  Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink:  Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
Stamps: Sweet Summer (SAB)
Acc:  Old Olive taffeta ribbon, 2 3/8" (6cm) XL Scallop punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, blender pen, white gel pen, basic pearls, dimensionals

This card has a stamped background with hand coloured blooms.  I used my blender pen and Melon Mambo ink, to match the Melon Mambo card matting.  The Old Olive scallop circle is a fabulous 6cm, just right for highlighting the single bloom.  I cut the flower head out and popped it up on a dimensional with a pearl in the centre. My white gel pen provided just the right touch to break up the scallops and is such an easy addition.  

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...