23 December 2010

A Neutral Christmas


This year I have made over 100 Christmas cards, and this is one of my favourites.  It uses paper and cardstock from the Neutrals Collection, with gold cord and champagne mist shimmer paint to bring festive warmth to the palette.  You cannot see it in the photo, but I used the Music Notes wheel for the background.

Cardstock:  Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Stamps:  Vintage Vogue, Contempo Christmas, Music Notes wheel
Acc:  Scallop Envelope die, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Neutrals stack DSP, Early Espresso satin ribbon, champagne mist shimmer paint

This card is 5 1/4" square, to fit into the SU square envelopes.  I used Versamark to wheel a tonal background using the Music Notes wheel, then ran a piece of Very Vanilla CS through my Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, which I sponged with champagne mist shimmer paint.  I tore the piece in half and adhered a scalloped envelope cut from the Crumb Cake paper in the Neutrals stack.  The gold cord was tied into a bow and to prevent the know from slipping, I dabbed a drop of crystal effects on the knot.  I slipped a small piece of Very Vanilla into the envelope, stamped with the vine stamp from the Vintage Vogue stamp set.  To vary the colour, I stamped then stamped again without reinking, to produce the lighter secondary colour.  And there we have it, a card to stand proudly on the mantlepiece.  

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...