27 December 2010

A Boxed Set ~ No Hostess Afterthought!




This is a boxed set I made recently using the "Afterthoughts" hostess set.  I had not even mounted this set prior to making these up, but I love the range of sentiments.  I used my markers to create 2-toned greetings and used just the portion of the stamp I wanted.  The card layout uses the "top note" die, however you could cut a rectangular piece of white cardstock to achieve the same effect.  I stamped the grass from "Inspired by Nature"  on both the background and the main image and finished it off with a jumbo eyelet tied through with some ribbon.  The gift box was made using one A4 sheet for the wallet and a strip of A4 for the band.

Cardstock:  Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Stamps:  Afterthoughts (hostess), Inspired by Nature
Acc:  Top Note die, Jumbo Eyelets, Taffeta ribbon

I used the following measurements for the box, which will hold 4-6 cards + envelopes:
Measuring along the longest side, score at  9cm, 10.5cm, 22.5cm. 24cm.  Along the short edge score in 1.5cm from either side.  Make a small cut along the solid line as shown (at the 9 and 10.5 score line). Trim the top portion to form a fold over flap and round the corners as shown if desired.  Fold along all the score lines and tape the side edges together to form the box.  I used a 3cm strip of Crumb Cake A4 to make a band to slide on and off the box.  I folded it around the box and sharpened the creases with my bone folder.  I stamped the matching grass design on the band to tie it all in together, and finished it off with a few butterflies using the "Beautiful Wings" sizzlet die.  I will make a photo tutorial and post it soon.

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...