12 September 2010

Awash with Gift Ideas

I made up these very fun post-it note covers after I found some coloured post-it notes that I just *had to have*.  Anyone else addicted to pretty stationery?  I found the post-its to be a pleasing colour match to Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery and Soft Sky (retired), so using these colours and the new Awash with Flowers stamp set, these came together very easily.  Awash with Flowers is a versatile 2-step stamp set available in both wood mount and clear mount.  I love how this set is so forgiving - if you don't stamp the coloured part perfectly inside the outline, it just adds to the charm.  I will be posting more Awash with Flowers over the next few days, so check back and see what else you can do with this stamp set.



The post-it notes are a standard 80mm square size, so I cut the covers 85mm wide and 182mm long.  Score in 85mm from either end and your basic cover is ready to be decorated.  I chose the lovely Butterfly Prints set and used my 2-way glue pen to edge the punched out butterflies in dazzling diamonds.  I used sticky strip to adhere the post it stack to the back cover, and the nice thing is once the notes are used up, you can always put another stack of post-its inside.  Wouldn't this look pretty on your desk or next to the phone?  Even my DH asked for some to take to work as gifts!

Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky (ret), Whisper White
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky (ret), Pixie Pink (ret), Summer Sun (ret)
Stamps:  Awash with Flowers, Butterfly Prints
Acc:  Pear Pizazz marker, butterfly punch, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" punch, designer paper, 2-way glue, dazzling diamonds, sticky strip

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...