15 July 2010

Organic Grace for New Zealand

Since I am back in the land of the Long White Cloud, it seems fitting to make some cards that reflect this.




Cardstock: Soft Suede, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Melon Mambo, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Soft Suede, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Melon Mambo, Craft White, Old Olive
Stamps: Organic Grace (hostess set), Very Vintage wheel, sentiment is from Stem Silhouettes (retired)
Acc:  Jumbo wheel handle, adhesive

I loved the earthy feel of the soft suede and kiwi kiss cardstock, and ferns are so indicative of the NZ bush landscape.  I stamped the fern stamp repeatedly on the naturals ivory cardstock, then matted on a piece of kiwi kiss cardstock.  I rolled the very vintage wheel across the top of the soft suede card in matching ink, then assembled the card front.  The hardest part of this card is keeping a steady hand to stamp the sentiment along the front!  I repeated this design to make the rest of the set, I changed the cardstock matting and ink as shown above.

I made a gift box to house the cards and envelopes, using Glossy White cardstock for a change.  The glossy white is heavier and gives a nice finish.  It stamps well, but does require a little drying time to prevent smudging.



I made a simple belly band to keep it closed, the front again used the fern from Organic Grace, and the butterfly which I mounted on dimensionals and used a smattering of dazzling diamonds on the wings.  The back of the band has a scalloped oval with the lovely sentiment from the Bella's Bloom set.



There we have it, one Kiwi inspired gift box.

Happy Stamping,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...