05 May 2010

2 CARDS I LOVE

Well I am futilely resisting turning on the heater, but it is so cold in here that I can barely type, and that would be a problem...... because how would I show you these gorgeous cards?





I loved making these, they were commissioned by a friend, there is a bit of rubber-dultery going on as not all images are SU!, but I thought I would share anyway.

Cardstock (top card): Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Wonderful Favourites, Simple Friendship (US set)
Paper: Urban Garden
Acc: Markers, white embossing powder, curly label, heart to heart and oval punches, grosgrain ribbon, perfect polka embossing folder, dazzling diamonds

Cardstock (bottom card): Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Basic Grey
Stamps: Happy Moments (ret), Wonderful Favourites, shoe and bag by Hero Arts
Paper: Bella Rose
Acc: Curly label, heart to heart, oval punches, white embossing powder, grosgrain ribbon, dazzling diamonds, pink rhinestones

I pieced the background papers ( 3 strips measuring approx 4.7mm x 9.8mm ), then matted them onto a contrasting piece of cardstock.  Next I embossed the word "wonderful" in white embossing powder.  I used extra adhesive under the paper to keep if flat after the embossing.   I adhered this piece to the main card front, then the word "daughter" was stamped in matching ink then punched out and adhered to the card front.  Now for the main panel.  It measures 9cm x 10cm, matted again on contrasting cardstock.  This is a heavy card with all the layers of cardstock, but it's worth it.  The images were stamped then punched out with the curly label punch, then each image was matted with a contrasting curly label turned 90 degrees.  Stick these on with dimensionals for extra lift, or you may choose to adhere them flat.  Embellish the images with glitter etc, tie on some ribbon and then use dimensionals to stick this panel onto your main card.  I used dazzling diamonds on all of the pocket silhouette images, and painstakingly adhered individual rhinestones onto the shoe (which didn't really show in the photo) and added some punched hearts as well.  Now stand back and enjoy your creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...